Player Code of Conduct
All players representing Baseball NSW (BNSW) are committed to the following Code of Conduct. It requires that you meet high standards as a sportsman, as a team member and as an individual.
Please read it carefully
As an individual participating in any Baseball NSW Representative Squad I will:
- Play by the rules of the competition.
- Accept the recommendations of BNSW regarding safe play and equipment.
- Never argue with an official, or an umpire and accept their decisions as being fair and called to the best of their ability.
- Not consume / use any unapproved substance. This includes cigarettes, alcohol, chewing tobacco, or drugs (other than those legally prescribed by a physician).
- Control my temper. I recognize that swearing or verbal abuse of officials, other players, or spectators will not be tolerated.
- Be responsible for my personal appearance, behaviour and personal hygiene.
- Not cause any loss, or damage to private property, or cause a disturbance to others.
- Behave in a polite and appropriate manner towards others.
- Not invite / allow anyone other than team personnel to remain in restricted areas such as the dugout, unless they have the expressed permission of the team management.
- Refrain from conduct which could be regarded as harassment towards fellow players and coaches.
- Be frank and honest with your coach concerning illness and injury and your ability to train fully within the program requirements.
- At all times avoid intimate relationships with your coach.
As a member of the Association Cup, State Cup or Youth League I will:
- Work hard for myself and my team.
- Co-operate with my own team officials, team mates and opponents.
- Be prompt for training and games.
I understand that the sportsmanship required of me demands that I will:
- Applaud all good plays from either team
- Never deliberately distract, or provoke an opponent.
- Treat all players as I would like to be treated.
- Will not interfere with, bully or take unfair advantage of any other player.
- Will not abuse equipment (mine or others).
- Will not throw bats or helmets.