Ryde Hawks Baseball League
The Ryde Hawks Baseball League values and respects the contribution of all its volunteers in whatever capacity they may fulfil. We realise that without their efforts, the clubs and the League’s capacity would be greatly diminished and that the work they do is essential to the functioning of the League.
The aim of this policy is to ensure that the volunteers efforts are recognised by the members and that they feel appreciated for their work.
Guidelines for volunteer recognition:
The Executive, its Club Delegates & players will endeavour to follow the guidelines below when recognising volunteers:
- Recognise all volunteers in some way, equal to the amount of work completed
- Give personal recognition, specific to the individual’s needs and wants
- Provide a clear job description outlining expectations of volunteer to prevent overwork and assist with future recruitment
- Pay personal attention to volunteers – get to know and show interest with what is happening in their lives
- Understand the motivation of the volunteers
- Endeavour to recognise the volunteers effort soon after it is given
- Provide both formal (eg. Awards, life memberships, etc.) and informal (smiling,saying thanks, etc.) recognition.
- Encourage volunteers to develop their skills and assist them to assume additional and greater responsibilities.
- Assist the volunteer in maintaining appropriate records of experience that would help them in future career opportunities,both paid and volunteer.
Recognising and Rewarding Volunteers:
There are many ways a volunteer can be recognised and rewarded for their efforts. Below are some examples of possible methods that the League will use to recognize their volunteers:
Offer praise / thanks to volunteer while on the job
Acknowledge volunteers in club publications/newsletters
Reimburse out of pocket expenses
Listen to volunteers ideas
Provide club merchandise
Give complimentary tickets to functions / events
Write letters of thanks
Funding for training courses, conferences and seminars
Presenting volunteer awards at AGM / Presentation night
Presenting awards for certain years of service
Awarding life memberships
On an Annual Basis Ryde Hornsby will invite all Clubs to nominate Volunteers who have been outstanding for their Club in the areas of:
- Game Support ( Coach, Manager, Umpire, & Scorer)
- Club Support ( Administration )
- General Support ( Canteen, Grounds etc)
- Junior Volunteer
Invitations will be sent out to all nominated Volunteers so they can meet and mingle with other Clubs Volunteers. Volunteers names from each Group will then be drawn to be named:
RHBL Game Support Volunteer of the Year
RHBL Club Support Volunteer of the Year
RHBL General Support Volunteer of the Year
RHBL Junior Volunteer of the Year
Prizes have as yet to be determined and will be advised before next season.